Portsmouth VA Loans and Portsmouth VA Loan Refinancing
Hoping to buy a home in Portsmouth, VA? As with the rest of Virginia, the housing market in Portsmouth is stable. Homes in Portsmouth are affordably priced in the $130,000 range, down from $178,000 in December 2007. It’s a buyer’s market in Portsmouth, so why not let VALoanMortgages.com help you find your new home with Portsmouth VA Loans and Portsmouth VA Loan Refinancing! Start by determining your Portsmouth VA Loans and Portsmouth VA Loan Refinancing eligibility. The next step to accessing your Veteran mortgage benefits is to apply and prequalify online – often in minutes!
Questions? VALoanMortgages.com is here to help, whether you are interested in a Portsmouth VA loan or VA loan refinance. Contact us at 1(866) 216-3577 or info@VALoanMortgages.com.
Portsmouth Quick Facts
- The population of Portsmouth is just under 100,000. The median salary for residents is roughly $36,000 and the unemployment rate is lower than the national average at 7.8%.
- Looking for work in Portsmouth? Some of the biggest employers in the area are the City of Portsmouth, the City of Portsmouth Public Schools, Norfolk Naval Shipyard and the U.S. Fifth District Coast Guard Command.
- Portsmouth is home to a number of places listed on the National Register of Historic Places, such as Cedar Grove Cemetery, Cradock Historic District, the Downtown Portsmouth Historic District and the Fort Nelson Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution Chapter House.
Reasons Veterans Love Portsmouth
- The Norfolk Naval Shipyard is located in Portsmouth, just across the Elizabeth River. The reason it’s called “Norfolk”? Portsmouth already had a Navy shipyard — in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Veterans are able to receive medical treatment from the Medical Center Portsmouth. Medical Center Portsmouth has over 5000 military personnel and provides high quality care to retirees, service members and their families.
- Military members living Portsmouth are exempt from personal property taxes on vehicles or boats, as long as they can prove they are legal residents of other states.
We Help New and Current Residents Obtain Portsmouth VA Loans and Portsmouth VA Loan Refinancing
VALoanMortgages.com is here to help Veterans, including those just relocating to the area, with accessing their Portsmouth VA mortgage benefits. We have a simple process for Veterans. Apply for your Portsmouth Veteran home loan and get prequalified with our simple online application form. We’ll also need some supporting documentation in the form of your DD214 or VA loan COE. If you don’t have these documents, we may be able to help you find them and any other documentation needed.
The rest is simple! Once we tell you that you’re approved for a Portsmouth Veteran mortgage, you can start viewing homes, confident that you’ll be able to afford to buy!
A Portsmouth VA Loan Refinance Can Save You Money
If you already have a mortgage, even if it isn’t a VA loan, we may be able to help you with a Portsmouth Veteran loan refinance. Streamline refinancing will save you money by lowering your monthly payment. The best part? It costs nothing to apply!
An FHA Purchase Loan Will Also Save You Money — Even if Your Credit History is Poor
If you are a Veteran but don’t qualify for Portsmouth Veteran mortgages, FHA loans may be the answer. A Portsmouth FHA mortgage can allow you to afford your own home – even if you’re a first time homebuyer or have less than perfect credit. With a Portsmouth FHA purchase loan, you’ll enjoy a small down payment (usually only 3.5%!) and an affordable interest rate. And if you already have an FHA loan, consider the benefits of an FHA refinance: even lower monthly payments!
VALoanMortgages.com is proud to support our Veterans as they apply for Portsmouth Veteran loans and FHA loans. If you’d like to learn more about the application process for VA mortgages or FHA purchase loans, check out our VA loan FAQ page or contact us at 1(866) 216-3577 or info@VALoanMortgages.com.