San Antonio VA Loans & VA Loan Refinancing
At Capital Bank, N.A., we are committed to helping Veterans purchase or refinance the home of their dreams through a VA loan or the many Veteran loan refinancing options available to them. Get pre-qualified for a Veteran loan in minutes, or speak to your local San Antonio VA loans specialist to learn how you can get on the path toward homeownership today!
About San Antonio, Texas
Located in Bexar County, Texas, San Antonio is one of the state’s major cities. Nearly 1.5 million people call San Antonio home and the city has enjoyed rapid population growth within the past few years.
Homes in San Antonio are quite affordable, though the city has enjoyed an increase in home values. In early 2006, the median asking price for a home for sale was under $175,000. Today the median asking price for a home for sale is nearly $199,000. The city is thriving, even through the downturn that the rest of the country is experiencing.
Why San Antonio?
- San Antonio has a strong economy with only a 6.7% unemployment rate. The city’s biggest employers include Lackland Air Force Base, Fort Sam Houston, USAA and supermarket chain H-E-B. Together these four employers provide jobs to over 100,000 San Antonio residents.
- San Antonio’s most famous landmark is its Riverwalk. Restaurants, bars and shops line the San Antonio River and visitors can wander the banks one story below street level. The Riverwalk spans five miles, but water taxis are available.
- The city’s other famous landmarks and attractions include The Alamo, Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
Veterans Choose San Antonio Over Any Other Texas City
- Sea World San Antonio offers a free, one-day pass to any active duty soldier, sailor, airman or Marine or activated or drilling reservist. Military dependents can take advantage of this free offer as well.
- The city boasts an impressive 4 bases and posts, including Lackland AFB, Randolph AFB, Brooks City-Base and Fort Sam Houston. Every Airman that graduates Basic Military Training completes it at Lackland AFB and it’s not uncommon to see brand new Airmen exploring the city with their families during graduation weekends.
- The area is decidedly military-friendly, with more than $13 billion coming from the military community in the mid 2000s. Nearly 120,000 veterans call San Antonio home.
- The city has a number of defense contractors who employ veterans, including Lockheed Martin, TASC and MacAulay-Brown.
- The Army Burn Center and MEDCOM’s only Level 1 trauma center are in San Antonio at Brooke Army Medical Center, now called the San Antonio Military Medical Center.
Interested in Buying a Home With San Antonio VA Loans?
Buying a home here is a sound investment, especially when you take advantage of VA loans that you’ve earned through your military service. Whether you’re in San Antonio for a VA relocation or you’ve chosen to retire here, Capital Bank, N.A. can help you through the entire veteran loan process.
Simply fill out our San Antonio VA loan prequalification form and one of our knowledgeable veteran home loan experts will contact you to answer any questions and walk you through the entire process of using a VA loan in San Antonio. We know that you’re busy and we won’t waste your time with miles of red tape. VA loans through Capital Bank, N.A. mean:
- No hassles
- No stress
- No hidden fees
With Capital Bank, N.A., you can purchase your home with no money down, a lower interest rate and a lower payment. Other loans require that you pay PMI if you don’t have the traditional 20% down and veteran loans are some of the only mortgages that allow buyers to purchase their new home with a $0 deposit.
Lower Your Payments With Our San Antonio VA Loan Refinancing Options
If you already own the home of your dreams, don’t pay too much! Interest rates have dropped dramatically, which means you might be able to slash hundreds of dollars off your monthly payment. We’d love to help with your San Antonio VA loan refinance — we just need a few minutes of your time to get the process started!
Not Qualified for San Antonio VA Loans? Capital Bank, N.A. Can Help
If you find that you don’t qualify for a veteran home loan, we can still help you purchase a new home through another government-backed program that allows buyers to purchase a home with just 3.5% down. Home buyers who take advantage of a San Antonio FHA loan don’t need to have perfect credit since this program is designed to help make Americans homeowners. At Capital Bank, N.A., we may be able to help you determine whether an FHA or veteran loan is right for you.
Contact us at (866) 216-3577 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about your San Antonio veteran home loan benefits! We salute our service men and women, and we strive to help you maximize the benefits that you’ve worked so hard to earn.