Houston VA loans and Houston VA Loan Refinancing
If you’re one of these Veterans and want to realize the American dream of buying your own home, let Capital Bank, N.A. make these dreams come true. Houston VA loans and Houston VA Loan Refinancing offer competitive, low-interest rates with no money down. Houston residents with existing Houston VA loans can even refinance their mortgage with Capital Bank, N.A., saving them thousands of dollars in interest each year.
If you’re ready to take advantage of the affordable homes in Houston, call us at (866) 216-3577, email us at email@example.com or fill out our quick VA loans application form today. Our loan professionals are waiting to answer your questions about Texas VA loans and get you on the path toward homeownership!
Houston is one of the country’s largest cities & more than 300,000 Veterans call Houston home.
Qualifying For Houston VA loans and Houston VA Loan Refinancing Is Simple!
To learn more about qualifying for Houston VA loans, contact a loan professional at Capital Bank, N.A. to get pre-qualified now or visit our VA loans eligibility page. Whether you’re a Houston native or a transplant to the city, Capital Bank, N.A. can make qualifying for Houston VA loans easy. Learn more about how to apply for Houston VA loans here.
Basic qualifications for Houston VA loans include at least one of the following:
Active duty service for 90 days or more during wartime
Active duty service for 180 days or more during peacetime
Honorable discharge from your service branch
You are on active duty
Being the surviving spouse of a Veteran who died in service or as a result of a service-related injury, providing that you have not remarried.
The Housing Market In Houston, TX
In Houston, the median home sales price is $85,750. The limit on Houston VA home loans is $424,100*. This does not mean that Veterans can’t purchase a home over $424,100. It simply means that the VA will not guarantee the amount of Houston VA loans over $424,100.
Year over year home sales decrease: -16.4%%
Year over year median sales price decrease: -6%
Median real estate property taxes: $2984
2012 new house construction building permits for single-family homes: 3513
Why Veterans Love Houston
- Companies in Houston love to hire Veterans. The oil and gas industry is especially popular with Veterans, as is the medical community and IT industry. The city government also has a Veteran’s Preference program, which means that if the choice is between a similarly qualified non-veteran and a Veteran, the Veteran receives the job. Popular military employers include General Electric, Hewlett Packard and Lockheed Martin.
- Although there aren’t any active duty military installations in Houston, reservists who are activated can expect to receive a BAH that’s in line with local housing rates. An E5 with dependents can expect to receive $1623 a month in BAH, while single servicemembers can receive $1227. BAH is designed to offset housing costs or Houston VA loans, but many servicemembers can stretch their BAH dollars in Houston to cover their entire housing payment.
- Veterans can use Houston VA loans to buy houses in popular neighborhoods throughout the city such as Eldridge/West Oaks and Clear Lake. Both of these areas have houses that are well below the limit for Houston VA loans.
- The University of Houston has been named a military-friendly school and can help Veterans and family members process GI Bill benefits to make paying for school easier.
- Make sure to take advantage of the Harris County Veterans Services offices for more Houston Veterans’ resources.
Our loan experts will be able to walk you through the entire process of applying for new Houston VA loans or refinancing existing Houston VA home loans to save you money. We’re here, ready to answer any questions you have about debt to income ratios, interest rates and even how your credit factors into applying for Houston VA loans and even Houston FHA Loans as we’re an equally experienced Houston FHA Lender!
To learn more about Houston VA loans and Houston VA Loan Refinancing, call us at (866) 216-3577 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you can use our online Contact Form and someone will get back to you quickly to answer your questions. Don’t miss the opportunity to use the benefits you’ve worked so hard to earn! Let us determine whether you qualify for VA loans or help you save money by refinancing your current Texas VA loans.