Portland VA Loans and Portland VA Loan Refinancing
Veterans who enjoy fine coffee and good brews will love living in Portland, Oregon! Portland is also a very affordable city, with median home prices at $260,000. Veterans who apply and prequalify for Portland VA Loans and Portland VA Loan Refinancing from Capital Bank, N.A. can secure a Portland home loan with ZERO down payment, no PMI, and low interest rates!
Complete Capital Bank, N.A.’s online application form to see if you prequalify for Portland VA Loans and Portland VA Loan Refinancing. If questions arise, our Portland VA loan specialists are standing by to help by phone at (866) 216-3577 or by email at [email protected]. We can help you into a beautiful Portland home!
Capital Bank, N.A. can help qualified applicants purchase a Portland home that’s priced up to $424,100.*
The Portland VA Loans and Portland VA Loan Refinancing Process in Three Easy Steps!
- Step 1: Ask Capital Bank, N.A. for your VA COE or give us your existing form.
- Step 2: Find a Portland home with Capital Bank, N.A.’s home search.
- Step 3: Complete a Veteran loan application to determine your loan eligibility.
Facts about Portland, OR
- Portland residents love to eat and drink. It’s vegetarian friendly and is known for its high number of microbreweries, coffee roasters and food carts and its nicknames include Beervana and Brewtopia.
- The average salary of a Portland employee is $60,000. There are a number of companies that are headquartered in the Portland metropolitan area including Nike, Columbia Sportswear, Adidas and TriQuint Semiconductors.
- Over half a million people live in Portland, however when the entire metropolitan area is considered, the population grows to more than 2.2 million people. Portland is the third largest city in the Pacific Northwest.
Why Veterans Love Portland
- The Oregon Air National Guard flies out of the Portland Municipal Airport, however it’s headquartered in Salem.
- Veterans can use their G.I. Bill benefits at a few schools in Portland. The University of Portland, Walla Walla University-Portland, Western Seminary, Portland State University and University of Western States all participate in the G.I. Bill Yellow Ribbon program, which minimizes out of pocket educational expenses for Veterans.
- The Portland VA Medical Center offers a number of services for Veterans. These services include an audiology and speech language pathology program, a caregiver support center, cardiology, hemodialysis, nephrology, pulmonology and endocrinology programs and inpatient and emergency care departments.
Enjoy the Many Benefits of Portland VA Loans and Portland VA Loan Refinancing!
As a Veteran, you’ve earned the right to some special benefits when buying a home. A government-backed Portland Veteran loan from Capital Bank, N.A. provides the advantages of incredibly low interest rates, no required Private Mortgage Insurance, and NO down payment. Take the first step to enjoying these rewards! Apply and prequalify for a Portland VA loan today by completing the Capital Bank, N.A. online application.
Capital Bank, N.A.’s Qualification Requirements
You can visit our VA loan eligibility page to learn more, but generally you must meet at least one of these criteria to qualify:
- A minimum wartime active duty of 90 days
- 180+ days of peacetime active duty
- Your military service did not end with a dishonorable discharge
- You are currently on active duty status
- Your spouse was a Veteran who died during combat or later from combat-related injuries, and you are currently unmarried
Portland VA Loan Refinancing Can Put Some Cash Back in Your Pocket
If you already own your home, you can save money on your existing mortgage with a Portland VA loan refinance. In most cases, this will reduce what you pay each month and sometimes can even shorten the length of your mortgage. Contact a Portland VA loan refinance expert at Capital Bank, N.A. to see if you qualify for streamline refinancing or cash-out refinancing.
Take Advantage of Portland FHA Loans and FHA Refinance Loans with Capital Bank, N.A.
When a VA mortgage or VA loan refinance is not possible, a Portland FHA mortgage or FHA refinance loan can be just what you need. Similar to VA loans, FHA loans are government-backed and extend low interest rates to borrowers. What’s more, Veterans with poor credit often will qualify for an FHA loan even when they’re not eligible for a conventional mortgage.
Apply now with Capital Bank, N.A. to prequalify for a Portland VA loan! For more information, see our FAQ page or contact a Portland Veteran loan expert at (866) 216-3577 or at [email protected].
*VA Loan Limits are accurate as of 2-20-13. Source: VA.gov, 2013 VA County Loan Limits