Baton Rouge VA Loans
Baton Rouge VA Loans and Baton Rouge VA Home Loan Refinancing
Baton Rouge, Louisiana has earned a lot of accolades in recent years, including being listed among the top 10 places for young adults by Portfolio Magazine and as the ninth best place to start a new business by CNN. So it’s easy to see why people are moving to Baton Rouge to buy a home.
If you are a Veteran, you can take advantage of a VA home loan from Capital Bank, N.A. to buy your dream house in Baton Rouge. Whether it is your first home or you are buying a home due to Veteran relocation, Veteran home loans require ZERO MONEY DOWN and low interest rates, and you don’t have to pay costly PMI each month.
The Veteran mortgage process through Capital Bank, N.A. is easy. Simply start by completing a VA loan application form, or contact one of our VA loan experts at (866) 216-3577 or [email protected].
The median home price in Baton Rouge is $158,200. With VA loans you can qualify for a mortgage in Baton Rouge up to a maximum of $424,100*, which gets you a lot of purchasing power!
The Capital Bank, N.A. Process in Three Simple Steps
Step 1: Request a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) today! Our Baton Rouge Capital Bank, N.A. experts can guide you through the process.
Step 2: Search for homes in Baton Rouge on Capital Bank, N.A.’s home search page.
Step 3: Apply and prequalify by completing a Veteran loan application.
READY TO GET STARTED? FIND YOUR VA COE FORM | COMPLETE A VA LOAN APPLICATION | FIND BATON ROUGE REAL ESTATE
Baton Rouge, Louisiana Facts
- As the second largest city in Louisiana, Baton Rouge has more than 800,000 people in its metropolitan area. It is also the capital city in Louisiana.
- Housing prices are quite affordable with a median sales price of $158,200. Popular neighborhoods in Baton Rouge include Garden District, South Baton Rouge, Scotlandville, Shenandoah, Mid City South and Mid City North.
- The average salary of a Baton Rouge employee is $58,000. Top employers in the city are the State of Louisiana, Turner Industries, East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools, Louisiana State University and the City of Baton Rouge-Parish of East Baton Rouge.
Why Veterans Love Baton Rouge
- The Army National Guard’s 769th Engineer Battalion is located in Baton Rouge. The Battalion recently had units deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq.
- The USS KIDD, known as the Pirate of the Pacific, is stationed in the middle of downtown Baton Rouge. Many Veterans groups hold reunions and memorials there and the ship is also a popular field trip destination for local schoolchildren.
- Veterans can receive health care from the Baton Rouge VA Outpatient Clinic. The clinic offers a number of services, such as behavioral health services, ophthalmology, rehabilitative services, dental service and a laboratory and pharmacy.
Save Money AND Buy Your Dream Home with a Baton Rouge Veteran Home Loan!
Your VA loan benefits allow you to save money with a Baton Rouge VA mortgage from Capital Bank, N.A.. Since Baton Rouge Veteran loans require NO DOWN PAYMENT, you can be in your new home in a short amount of time. Veteran mortgages are a better choice than traditional bank loans because they provide additional savings with no private mortgage insurance and lower interest rates!
Already own a home in Baton Rouge? You can access your VA benefits by applying for Baton Rouge Veteran loan refinancing. The Capital Bank, N.A. experts can help you determine if streamline refinancing or cash-out refinancing is best for you, and we guarantee to take away the red tape that usually comes with refinancing your mortgage.
Do You Qualify for VA Loans?
Your Baton Rouge VA mortgage expert can quickly tell you if you are eligible for VA mortgages or Veteran loan refinance options. You can also check out our VA loan eligibility page for more details.
Here’s who is usually eligible for a Veteran loan:
- Active duty personnel who served at least 90 days during wartime
- Active duty personnel who served at least 180 days during peacetime
- Service members who were honorably discharged
- A surviving spouse of a Veteran who died in service or as a result of a service-related injury who remains unmarried
Baton Rouge FHA Mortgages are an Excellent Alternative
If a bad credit history is holding you back from qualifying for a Baton Rouge Veteran loan, you may still purchase your dream home with a Baton Rouge FHA loan from Capital Bank, N.A.. FHA mortgages and FHA refinance loans require low down payments of as little as 3.5% and come with affordable interest rates.
Start the search for your dream home and get it financed with a low-cost VA loan by applying and prequalifying with Capital Bank, N.A. today! A Baton Rouge Veteran mortgage expert will answer your questions and walk you through our simple loan process. Call (866) 216-3577 or email us at [email protected].
*VA Loan Limits are accurate as of 2-20-13. Source: VA.gov, 2013 VA County Loan Limits