Columbus VA Loans and Columbus VA Loan Refinancing
Georgia Veterans – Live the American Dream and buy a home! Apply and prequalify for Columbus VA Loans and Columbus VA Loan Refinancing from VALoanMortgages.com, and take advantage of these low-interest rate loans that are available to U.S. Veterans ONLY! Our online Veteran loan application process makes it easy to get prequalified. Contact us at (866) 216-3577 or info@VALoanMortgages.com to see if you are eligible for Columbus VA Loans and Columbus VA Loan Refinancing.
Columbus, Georgia homes have a median price of $106,004, putting homeownership well within reach of Veteran families and retirees. Your VA loan benefits make it even more affordable to own a home with NO down payment or PMI required!
The VA loan limit in Columbus is $424,100* for qualified buyers.
Start The Road to Columbus VA Loans and Columbus VA Loan Refinancing With These 3 Steps:
- Step 1: Request your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE). If you need help obtaining your COE, we can help!
- Step 2: Start looking at Columbus homes with help from our comprehensive home search page.
- Step 3: Complete the online Veteran loan application.
Columbus, Georgia Facts
- Nearly 200,000 people live in Columbus, Georgia; however, the metropolitan area includes Auburn, Alabama. The metropolitan Columbus-Auburn area is home to nearly 500,000 people.
- Best Life Magazine ranked Columbus as the fourth best U.S. cities to live in the United States.
- The average salary in Columbus is $64,000 a year. Major employers include Fort Benning, the Muscogee County School District, TSYS, Aflac and the Columbus-Muscogee County Consolidated Government.
Why Veterans Love Columbus
- Columbus is home to Fort Benning, which means the local economy depends heavily on the Army. More than 120,000 active duty and reserve soldiers, family members and civilians live and work at Fort Benning.
- The BAH rate for an E-5 with dependents in Columbus is $1305, while the E-5 rate without dependents is $1089. With an average home value of $106,004, many service members at Fort Benning find that buying a home is a viable option.
- Veterans can receive medical care from the Martin Army Community Hospital at Fort Benning or the community-based outpatient clinic in Columbus. Veterans can receive routine prescriptions or primary care services from the VA clinic and go to the Martin Army Community Hospital for more involved healthcare needs.
Apply Online Now and Get Preapproved for Columbus VA Loans and Columbus VA Loan Refinancing in Minutes!
Don’t pass up one of your biggest military benefits – a government-backed Veteran home loan! VALoanMortgages.com can show you how these loans can save you thousands of dollars over conventional loans because of their low interest rates and no money down requirements. What could you do with that extra money? Apply online now and find out if you qualify in just a few minutes!
Current homeowners can save money and reduce their monthly payments with Columbus Veteran loan refinancing from VALoanMortgages.com. Use your VA benefit for cash-out refinancing or to streamline refinance your current home. Contact a Columbus VA loan refinance expert to see if you qualify and which option is best for you.
Find Out if You Qualify
Visit our Veteran mortgage eligibility page to learn more, or contact the experts at VALoanMortgages.com with questions and for help through the Columbus VA loan application process.
VA loan eligibility typically requires one of the following:
- At least 90 days of service during wartime in WWII, the Korean War or the Vietnam War
- At least 180 days of service during peacetime, until 1981
- 24 months of continuous service after 1980 for enlisted personnel and after 1981 for officers
- Served during the Gulf War
- Are on active duty
- Are a member or honorably discharged of the Selected Reserves or National Guard
- A surviving spouse of a Veteran or service member
Not Qualified? Apply for a Columbus FHA Loan
If you don’t qualify for a VA loan, you can still qualify for low interest rates with a Columbus FHA loan or FHA refinance. These government-backed loans have low down payment requirements of just 3.5% and less strict credit requirements, so they’re ideal for first time buyers or those with less than perfect credit.
Apply online now for a Columbus Veteran home loan or VA loan refinance and take advantage of your military benefits and the buyer-friendly real estate market in Columbus! Visit our FAQ page or contact a Columbus VA Loan expert at VALoanMortgages.com directly at (866) 216-3577 or info@VALoanMortgages.com to learn more.
*VA Loan Limits are accurate as of 1-28-13. Source: VA.gov, 2013 VA County Loan Limits