Alaska VA loans and Alaska VA loan refinancing
Get prequalified for an Alaska VA loan in just minutes so that you can buy the home of your dreams. Our local experts in VA home loans and Veteran mortgage refinancing can answer any questions you may have and get you well on your way toward owning or refinancing your home.
Veterans, Want To Buy A Home? Get Alaska VA Loans From VALoanMortgages.com
A VA loan is a benefit that you’ve earned and if you’re facing an Alaska VA relocation, VALoanMortgages.com can help make the process an easy one.
To get started, Veterans just need to fill out our VA loan prequalification form. One of our local Alaska VA mortgage experts will call you back and walk you through the entire process of applying for a Veteran mortgage. VA mortgages from VALoanMortgages.com mean:
- No hidden fees
- No red tape
- No stress
An Alaska VA Loan Refinance Save You Money
Do you already have a VA loan? We have a Veteran mortgage refinance program and we can help you determine which Alaska VA loan refinance program (typically a cash-out refinance or a streamline refinance) is right for your family. Interest rates are at their lowest point in history and we can help you reduce your monthly payment in just a few minutes!
About Alaska – The Last Frontier
- Alaska is the biggest state in the United States, but because it’s not densely populated, its population is actually the smallest in the entire country. Less than 800,000 people call Alaska home, which makes it ideal for people who want to be able to stretch out and own larger pieces of land.
- More than 80% of the state’s revenue comes from the oil and gas industries. The fishing industry also exports fish to other parts of the country, including salmon, cod, pollock and crab.
- The state’s unemployment rate is 7.5% and is both dropping and below the country’s overall average. Major employers in the state include Providence Health & Services, Walmart/Sam’s Club, Carrs/Safeway and Fred Meyer.
- The median household income in 2011 was just under $68,000, while the median house value in September 2012 was $276,900.
- Alaska VA Loans
- Anchorage VA Loans
Why Veterans Choose Alaska
- After being stationed in Alaska, many Veterans consider changing their permanent residence to the state, partially because residents aren’t subject to an individual income tax. Alaska does not have a state sales tax and its residents are also eligible to receive a Permanent Fun Dividend, a portion of appropriated oil revenues. This payout in 2012 is $878, but has been as high as $2,069 in 2008.
- Military bases in Alaska include Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Eielson AFB, Fort Wainwright and Fort Greely.
- The Alaska VA Healthcare System has a main office in Anchorage, with satellite clinics in Fairbanks, Kenai, Juneau and Mat-Su.
- Veterans make up 17% of Alaska’s population, which is the highest number of Veterans per capita in the United States.
Don’t Qualify For VA Loans? Consider An FHA Loan Instead
If you don’t qualify for an Alaska VA loan, VALoanMortgages.com can help you purchase a home through another government-backed program. FHA loans offer home buyers the chance to buy a house with just 3.5% down, instead of the traditional 20% down payment requirement. One major benefit of the FHA purchase loan program is that it’s not necessary to have perfect credit.
If you’re interested in learning more about an Alaska VA loan or an FHA loan, contact us at 1(866) 216-3577 or info@VALoanMortgages.com. Don’t assume that the home of your dreams is out of your reach — let us help you take advantage of the Veteran home loan benefit that you’ve earned!
Anchorage Vet Center